How to use your suppositories
- Go to the toilet and empty your bowels if necessary.
- Wash your hands.
- Remove any foil or plastic wrapping from the suppository.
- Either squat or lie on your side with one leg bent and the other straight.
- Gently but firmly push the suppository into the rectum, pointed end first. If necessary moisten the end of the suppository with a little water. Push it in far enough so that it doesn't slip out.
- Close your legs and sit or lie still for a few minutes.
- Wash your hands again.
- Try not to empty your bowels for at least an hour, unless the suppository is a laxative.